“Medicine is about the people, not the profits.”[a]
James G. Purgason, MD, President/Founder, retired from the United States Navy Reserves in 2004 with 21 years of combined service, and has been in practice in Ft. Worth for 10 years before moving his practice to Denton, TX. In 2008, he was named Top Doc by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine. In 2015, Dr. Purgason was elected President of the Physician Association of North Texas.
Family Medicine of North Texas’ client base is continually expanding because of Dr. Purgason’s dedication to building intimate, long-term family relationships one patient at a time. It is his commitment to provide every patient with state-of-the-art health care in a friendly, clean, and comfortable environment.
When he’s not at his practice, Dr. Purgason can be found gardening, restoring cars and boats, and spending time with his family and four cats.
- B.S. from The University of Texas at Austin
- M.D. from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Family medicine and family practice internships completed at the Pensacola Naval Hospital
- Residency completed at Family Practice, John Peter Smith Hospital
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Denton County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Denton Chamber of Commerce
- Physician Association of North Texas