Diana Mummert, MD
As a board-certified psychiatrist, Diana Mummert, MD is adept at treating mental health concerns ranging from mood and anxiety disorders to interpersonal difficulties and life challenges. Knowing that these problems can affect anyone and cause significant impairment in one’s life, she strives to provide compassionate and comprehensive care with the goal of restoring my patients to the state of mind and level of functioning they expect. Dr. Mummert’s approach is an integrative one, wherein she assess one’s psychological, emotional, medical and environmental contributors to problems and address these in treatment using both psychotherapy and medication management. Dr. Mummert has training and broad experience in psychopharmacology to treat psychological and emotional problems with medications.
Dr. Mummert moved to DFW from Romania on completion of medical school to do research at UT Southwestern until beginning a Residency in Psychiatry at John Peter Smith (JPS). Before joining FMNTX, Dr. Mummert was a general psychiatrist working in the community and inpatient settings at the UNT Health Science Center.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Mummert enjoys playing tennis, reading books and traveling with her family.
- M.D. from Universitatea de Medicina Si Farmacie Timisoara
- Residency in Psychiatry at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth
- Board Certified Specialist in Psychiatry from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- America Psychiatric Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians
- Physician Association of North Texas